Resistance is proud to announce that its 2011 national conference will be held over May 6 to 8 at Redfern Community Centre, Sydney.
All socialists and left activists are welcome to attend.
The initial conference agenda will soon be posted at Resistance.org.au. It will include panel presentations and workshop discussions on a wide range of the urgent issues confronting humanity today, including:
- Ecosocialism and the climate emergency;
- Justice for Indigenous people;
- Refugees and racism;
- The Latin American revolutions and socialism of the 21st century;
- Anti-war, anti-imperialism and democratic rights;
- Campaigning for women’s and queer rights; and
- Young workers and the labour movement.
Alongside the three days’ discussion of ideas to change the world, the conference delegates will vote on plans for Resistance’s campaigning in 2011.