Thousands of activists will converge on a range of sites around the country on October 7 to send a message to politicians to say No to Adani No to funding Adani from taxpayer’s money.
In local community events from Port Douglas to Hobart, people will gather on beaches and parks to spell out these messages in the form of human signs.
Recent actions in Bowen, Townsville and other Queensland cities have taken it to the frontline, where the immediate impact of the world’s biggest coalmine, if it goes ahead, will be felt. The actions have also focused on the links between Adani and Queensland Labor, as it prepares to launch its re-election campaign.
One of the members of the Stop Adani Alliance, 350.org said: “The Adani mine is a mistake for Australia. It's a disaster for our climate, Indigenous rights, human health, water resources and the Great Barrier Reef.
“So far the #StopAdani Alliance has challenged the mine in court, campaigned for banks not to invest in the project and raised public awareness of the dangers the mine poses. Across Australia, communities have come together to say #StopAdani at a roadshow, movie screenings, targeted events and bank branches to ensure this project doesn't go ahead.
“We now need to increase the visibility of the widespread community opposition, pressuring the federal government to not lend $1 billion of taxpayers’ money to Adani via the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility.
“Adani's coal project has been rejected by 24 banks internationally. The company needs NAIF money to go ahead. That's why participation is so vital on October 7 at the #StopAdani Big Day of Action.”
Get involved in the Stop Adani Day of Action. Come to the human signs. Wear Red and Black — the #StopAdani colours
- Bondi Beach: Stop Adani Human Sign Bondi Beach 8.30am
- Blue Mountains: The Mountains Spell it Out: Stop Adani Blue Mountains Organic Community Gardens, 10 Victoria St, Katoomba 2pm
- Byron Bay: National Day of Action to Stop Adani Main Beach 2pm
- Coffs Harbour: Coffs Spells it Out: Stop Adani Park Beach 1pm
- Eurobodalla: Stop Adani Day of Action Congo Camping Ground Eurobodalla National Park 2pm
- Mid North Coast: Stop Adani human sign Town Beach, Port Macquarie 2pm
- Newcastle: Stop Adani human sign Nobby’s Beach 10am
- Newtown: Inner West Spells It Out: Stop Adani Camperdown Rest Memorial Park 2pm
- Western Sydney: Human sign at Casula Graffiti Tanks! Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre 10.30am
- Wollongong: The Illawarra Spells It Out: Stop Adani North Wollongong Beach 11am
- Belgrave: Stop Adani Day of Action Earthly Pleasures, 1627 Burwood Highway 12pm
- Bendigo: Stop Adani Human Sign 89 Spring Gully Rd, Spring Gully, 3pm
- Geelong: Stop Adani Geelong Human Sign Day of Action Eastern Beach 2pm
- Melbourne: Human sign and picnic Princess Park, Royal Pde 12pm
- Warrnambool: Stop Adani Action in Warrnambool Village Green 11am
- Wodonga: StopAdani national day of action Circus space, Gateway Island, Lincoln Causeway 1.30pm
- Brisbane: Brisbane spells it out: #StopAdani human sign Brothers Rugby Club, 103 Crosby Road, Albion 2pm
- Gold Coast: Spelling it out! Gold Coast Stop Adani Human Sign North Burleigh Beach 9.30am
- Noosa Heads: Stop Adani human sign Noosa Heads Surf Life Saving Club 10am
- Port Douglas: Stop Adani National Day of Action Four Mile Beach 2pm
- Toowoomba: Stop Adani human sign East Creek Park 2, 9.30am
- Townsville: Stop Adani: A human sign On the beach next to the Rock Pool 4pm
- Burnie: Stop Adani Day of Action Burnie Beach 10.30
- Hobart: Stop Adani Day of Action Parliament Lawns 11am
- Launceston: Stop Adani Day of Action Cataract Gorge 11am
- Adelaide: Stop Adani Day of Action Henley Beach Jetty, Seaview Road, Henley Beach 12pm
- Perth: Stop Adani Community festival and human sign Cottesloe Beach 10am