1. Venezuela’s housing mission has built 1.5 million homes for Venezuelan families since 2011. By the end of this year, the government aims to have completed a further 540,000 new homes and repaired 550,000 existing homes under the Barrio Nuevo, Barrio Tricolor mission.
2. Venezuela has the highest literacy rates in Latin America, with 95.4% of the population knowing how to read and write, according to United Nations reports.
3. The Maduro government has provided more than 4,800,000 computers and more than 100 million technology textbooks to students across the country.
4. A UN report released this year shows Venezuela has one of the most equal wealth distributions in Latin America.
5. Venezuela’s Public Ministry announced last year that transgender people may request a new identity card according to their gender identity.
[Published in the Australia Venezuela Solidarity Network July 2017 special liftout.]