Below is the text of the resolution of the
National Coalition for Change (CONALCAM) meeting held in Cochabamba on August 22-23. It is reprinted from Bolivia Rising, &http://bolivirarising.blogspot.com.
CONALCAM brings a together the United Union Confederation of Peasant Workers of Bolivia; the Confederation of Indigenous Peoples of Bolivia; the National Federation of Cooperative Miners; the Federation of Neighbourhood Councils of El Alto; the National Council of Ayllus and Markas of Qullasuyu; the National Federation of Bolivian Peasant Women Bartolina Sisa; and the National Confederation of Small and Micro Businesses.
CONALCAM calls for:
1. Permanent mobilisation at the national, departmental, municipal and communal level to deepen and consolidate the unity of Bolivia and the "democratic and cultural revolution" led by President Evo Morales Ayma.
2. Guaranteeing the refounding of Bolivia through the approbation of a new political constitution of the state, for which it is necessary to organise a referendum, at the same time as holding elections for sub-prefects, departmental councillors and the prefects revoked in the August 10 referendums.
3. Redistribution of economic resources from the direct tax on hydrocarbons and royalties, taking into consideration the population size and level of human development, through a supreme decree.
4. Dialogue and consultation in order to ensure the unity of Bolivia and the consolidation of the revolution.
5. Instructing all national, departmental, municipal and communal organisations to organise themselves and create departmental coalitions for change, in order to guarantee the unity of Bolivia and the approval of the new constitution.