Stand in solidarity with the victims of Modi regine! Dismantle the Citizenship Amendment Act and National Register of Citizenship! No to communalism!
The fascist, Hindu nationalist Modi regime is currently inciting a pogrom against the Muslim population of Delhi, driven by its single-minded desire to eliminate dissent to the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the National Register of Citizenship (NRC). The CAA and NRC will essentially render Muslims stateless within India, and is part of a broader agenda to establish a Hindu Rashtra (Hindu theocratic state) that specifically excludes and disenfranchises Muslims.
The communal riots taking in place in Delhi are some of the worst in recent memory. Fourty people have been killed, mosques have been burnt down and the violence does not seem to be subsiding. Indian authorities stand idly, deny the problem or actively incite violence against Muslims. In many cases, police are complicit in perpetrating the violence.
At the same time, Western leaders like Morrison and Trump cozy up to the Modi regime and stay silent on these injustices. Many in the diaspora support the communal violence and espouse fascist rhetoric. As concerned individuals, we:
- Call on the Australian government to immediately condemn, in the harshest possible terms, the actions of the Indian regime;
- Call on the Australian government to immediately provide safe haven to any Muslims fleeing persecution in India;
- Call for an immediate end to military assistance and cooperation with the Indian regime;
- Call on the Indian government to dismantle the CAA/NRC;
- Call for an immediate inquiry into the role of Indian government officials in the perpetuation of communal violence.
Speakers to be confirmed.
This event takes place on the unceded land of the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. In denouncing the violence of the Modi regime, we also stand against the continual colonial violence perpetrated against First Nations people in this country. Always was, always will be Aboriginal land.