March 4, 5pm. Old Library, Katoomba St, Katoomba.
To support the nationwide call to action around domestic abuse and to come together in memory of Hannah, Aaliyah, Laianah & Treyion we will hold a gentle vigil here in the Mountains.
All welcome to come together in solidarity for the victims of male violence and for those who are currently living in domestic abuse. We will stand together knowing we are not alone in the horror we feel at the innocent slaughter and the shared resolve that we must make a difference and build a society where women and children are safe.
Anyone is welcome to speak or sing or say a prayer or contribute
Minute of silence.
Bring a candle.
The Reclaim The Night Collective BM supports the national call:
WE WANT ACTION ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE NOW!
* We want to declare domestic violence as a national crisis!
* We want to stop the media portraying perpetrators as "good guys pushed too far"!
* We want funding to support those experiencing violence to escape and recover”!
* We want changes to family law to better protect women and children DV victim-survivors!
* We want safer courts for DV victim-survivors!