SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, 1200 HOURS, SATURDAY 8 OF JANUARY 2017.
Action of international solidarity for the Mapuche leader Machi Francisca Linconao (Mapuche spiritual authority) who is currently in jail since March 2016 and has been on hunger strike since December 23, 2016 and her health is rapidly deteriorating.
When recently asked about the situation of the Machi in jail, Chilean President Michelle Bachelet has ignored the matter and refused to comment.
We are calling for international support and demand the following:
- The release of Machi Francisca Linconao now!
- Demand freedom for all Mapuche political prisoners!
- Demand the repeal of the Anti-Terrorist legislation used against Mapuche activists!
- Demand the end of the repression and militarisation in Mapuche territories!
- Self-determination and freedom for Mapuche communities!