Location: Perth central location
Want to take action? Make sure you're trained on how to do so, what to expect and how to stay safe! Attend the non-violent direct action training in February.
This training is for people interested in taking action in this movement to bring the radical and rapid changes we need to avoid full-scale global emergency!
Old and new activists welcome, and it is suitable for all ages and abilities, from the committed to the curious.
The event location is Central Perth, ample parking and close to train lines. Address details to be sent out upon registration.
* What makes for an effective action? Theories of successful action design, plus practical roles and action planning.
* What are your legal rights? We will explain how it plays out in practice.
* Learn more about powerful nonviolent resistance and how peaceful protest has been part of successful campaigns and social movements worldwide
* What is nonviolent conflict, and how do we de-escalate and keep things peaceful if we are stretching out of our comfort zone?
* What will Extinction Rebellion actions look like? How do I get involved?
We support family friendly events - child care is not provided but children are welcome if they can be supervised by an accompanying adult - there is large open space and playground nearby.
The space is fully accessible with ACROD parking.
We pay respects to the traditional custodians, on whose land this event takes place. Sovereignty was never ceded.