We will be holding public rallies on the steps of the Victorian State Parliament, Spring St Melbourne, between 12 noon – 2:00pm on:
• Wednesday 8th February
• Wednesday 8th March
to demonstrate to the government, the Opposition and the cross benchers in the Legislative Council our opposition to governments outsourcing their responsibility to provide affordable housing for all Victorians to a private and not for profit non-government sector that, at best, will only be able to provide for the needs of sections of the community, not all Victorians.
Guest Speakers include:
• Sue Pennicuik, MP / Greens MP
* Lisa Peterson / Experts by Experience
* Mark Allen / 3CR`s City Limits
* Katherine Phelps / writer, singer, performer, homelessness activist
* Sue Bolton / Moreland City Council, Socialist Alliance
• Dr. Joseph Toscano/ Defend And Extend Public Housing Australia
• Howard Marosi / Friends of Public Housing (Victoria)
MORE Guest Speakers to be announced...
We encourage you to join us in a campaign which, if supported by you, has the potential to force the state government to abandon its plans to privatise the public housing sector.
Dr. Joseph Toscano / Joint Convener Defend And Extend Public Housing
Co-Convenors: Dr. Joseph Toscano / Mr. John Tweg
Committee: Ms. Beryl Jarrett, Ms. Julie Jones, Mr. Roger Pereira, Ms. Fay Roth, Mr Howard Marosi
Feburary 8th, Wednesday, 12:00-14:00 pm, Parliment of Victoria, Spring Street, Melbourne.